CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

tribute to sudan

this is my life...
Mother and child healthcare seminar
Day 1
Day 3
We had anywhere from 30 to 40 women come each day to learn how they could love God and take care of the people in their community.
I found alot of healing on this dusty road to Congo. This tree was like a wise old friend with it's patch of golden leaves and spacious shade and deep roots...i like trees.
Our dear little friends...sammy, josephine, dosa, and another neighborhood kid.
Bethany, me, and rachel on the way to an island clinic in Uganda. Island treasures that welcomed us and...
bid us farewell.

More of our Sudanese friends/translators/sisters.

This dear woman had been working as a traditional birth attendant for more than 30 years. She helped deliver the healthcare worker who now runs this clinic. She told us she was our mother, dear woman...

"let's go little sister!"


how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news...

We did 2 weeks of teachings in a village under an enormous mango tree. i had so many "is this really my life?" moments.

Many of these women have been refugees most of their lives. My friend taking my picture with my camera.


Our beautiful students/teachers.

Our sources of joy and laughter and fun!


Who needs a stroller?

I grew to love these dear women...I think Rose (the one with the belly) has delivered since we left. She wanted me to catch her baby, but baby didn't want to come. I pray she had a joyful delivery...

Cheese!


Most popular house model...it works for the kitchen, living room, bedroom, dining room...




2 comments:

The Holik's said...

I absolutely have no clue. No clue what is out there. What you are doing amazes me!! Keep it up!!

OhK-Booth said...

Shoeless, The pictures are incredible. Only glimpses of the glory of the Lord I am sure you have experienced. I love you and am so blessed to hear the work of the Lord in you. We need to have an all-nighter when you get home to talk about it all. Love ya babe?