CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

today


...do not be worried about your life...but seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. so do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself...
sunday i turned 26. and maybe i'm starting to scratch the surface of what it means to live in today. some days i'm forced to because i don't know what tomorrow holds or next month or where i'll call "home" a year from now. God spoke to me more on this on my birthday. i sat next to a window basking in the sunshine pondering the past year. 25 was beautiful. i said goodbye to my dear mexico, spent time in texas and followed a wild call from God that has brought me through australia, thailand, and to india. this year will move me on to africa and indonesia and who knows where else. so often i find myself asking God about "tomorrow." often i have found myself waiting for the next big thing, being in a hurry to get to where i'm going. where am i going God? i think i need to have it all planned out, haha. God says "this is life. this is what i created you for." i'm here. this is where i am. now i am living fully for God. now i am living out what God created me for. today i am fully alive in Christ. my cup runs over. today i am walking out God's plans, purposes, and will for me. seize the day. it's a day to soak up the Lord and to bask in His glory. it is a day to share His love and speak out His truth. it's a day to rest in indestructible hope in an unshakable kingdom. may i never be lingering regretfully over the past or pointlessly fretting over the future. today is a gift. see His beauty and absorb it. today is full of potential, don't miss it! yippee! happy day!

3 comments:

~kristi said...

how inspiring!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Hey, Just wanted to stop and say HELLO!! I liked your blog!! IT was really good!! I LOVE YOU!! :)

David Miller said...

what wise words you have.
we plan, God laughs! only
He knows what our future
holds. love, mom