CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

In spite of...

in spite of tears and pain and death we believe that the God who made us all is infinitely wise and good. as Abraham staggered not at the promises of God through unbelief, but was strong in faith, giving glory to God, and was fully persuaded that what He had promised He was able to perform, so do we base our hope against hope til the day breaks. we rest in what God is. i believe that this alone is true faith. any faith that must be supported by the evidence of the senses is not real faith.
--Tozer
some days i must will to believe God. i have to believe Him. i must believe that He is good, that His love is steadfast. i must believe Him to be exactly who His word claims that He is...slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness, a merciful and just God. if i don't believe i will break. i find comfort in Tozer's wise words, that i can continue on believing God is good in spite of tears and pain and death. since being here in india i have seen plenty of those along with injustice and suffering and poverty and abuse and selfishness. when i see a mother toil through labor and give birth to a perfect little baby with no breath in him, my senses don't tell me that God is good. that doesn't seem fair. when a sobbing family brings in a fitting, expectant mother and then life leaves her, i don't feel like God is merciful. when a street boy covered in dirt and worn clothes begs me for a little coin, i don't feel like God could be just. but i will sit here and say that in spite of the suffering and pain that goes on in this broken and cold world, God is good, He is just, He is love. i hope against hope in a kingdom that i cannot fix my eyes on, but i can fix my heart on it. i can rest in who God is. it's all i can do, to rest in Him and trudge on doing my best to reflect this good God that i know in my heart to be real and true and present. Lord i believe, help my unbelief...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my. My mind never wandered over to the reality of you helping to birth the babies who are already looking at their sweet Jesus. What heartache you face! I have seen this death very personally, and I know that it is so hard to grasp and understand. We can't. But you are so right. He IS loving, kind, and just. And those babies are in a place that will forever be so much more than we can imagine. I will pray for you to be able to hold tight to His love and not become jaded or fearful of those possibilities...Your light is shining so brightly, and it is an honor to say that you are my friend!!

OhK-Booth said...

My dear Shoeless. I still cannot thank you enough for the message. I play it on the days I need the encouragement the most. This post in incredible and i know that while I am in the midst of suffering and hardships you join me in that. I am praying for you as you have faithfully prayed for me. May the grace of God be your strength. May the Lord continue to mold our unbelief and give us unwavering hearts. You are beautiful my friend. Love Ya!!!