CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

strangers...


we just finished 3 weeks of fasting for the city we're in, mainly the hospital we've been working in. many of us came to a breaking point. we needed more of God. more of His wisdom. more of His strength. more of His power. more of His grace. more of His peace. more of His love. we cried out in desperation for Him to move, to stir, to act...

blow a trumpet in Zion, consecrate a fast,

proclaim a solemn assembly,

gather the people,

sanctify the congregation...
yesterday we met together for worship, thanksgiving, and to share what God had been speaking to us during our fasting. i sat under the weight of the Almighty as my dear sisters shared about my Lord. He is so faithful. He proved Himself at work and always present. a Rock in whom we can put our trust for eternity. as we took turns fasting throughout we cried out to God on behalf of the people here. not only have we seen more favor with the staff, but more opportunities to speak of the love of Christ. another girl and i were able to take 2 of the doctors out to lunch last week. i also went back with becca to visit sunitha ( a woman i posted about a couple weeks ago.) we found her this time with smiles instead of tears, and she said she had been reading a page of the bible every day! God is so good.

do not fear, O land, rejoice and be glad,

for the Lord has done great things...

God spoke to me personally from 1 Peter. i think i identified so much because the letter was written to a scattered church in a land that was not their own. his exhortations called them out to be "excellent" in their behavior and also to be holy as He was holy. somehow i think this is key. as we're strangers here in a foreign land we should try to live up to the Standard each moment. he said, " honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king." after reading that i stopped and pondered for a bit. i could spend the rest of my life trying to live that out. what does excellent behavior look like? Jesus. hmmm....
ok well, it's another day to pick up the cross and to deny myself and to follow Him. to speak what He spoke. to pray what He prayed. to love how He loved. to go where He went. wanna come?

1 comments:

Cara Arnold said...

JILL!
I totally forgot you had a blog and I have seriously been missing out!! I'm so excited about what you are doing! I'm jealous in a good way! I wish I could be on this adventure with you, delivering babies and ministering to people, sharing with them the love of Christ and His sacrifice! I miss our times of fellowship. They were always encouraging and spurred me on to be more like Christ. I miss that!! I miss sharing that passion and hunger for the Lord with you in prayer and fellowship over delicious coffee! But we will press on in the work of the Lord in two separate places as of now! Love you sister! Press on!
Phil 1:27
Cara